Chix 4 a Cause is a community-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that has been providing Gifts of Love to people fighting cancer for more almost twenty years. We have several business partners and organizations who sponsor a variety of fundraisers throughout the year to support the cause. Thanks to these businesses, organizations, and dedicated volunteers, we have provided more than $360,000 in Gifts of Love and have expanded our reach beyond our Washington County roots to be able to service southeastern Wisconsin and beyond.
Chix 4 a Cause is currently looking for help to bring more attention to the Gifts of Love program and event planning. To accomplish this goal, we need an ambitious and a dedicated intern or two with skill sets in the following areas:
- Technical and Creative Development for social media.
- Websites to help promote Events, Public Relations, and Marketing.
These internship positions are a paid and could lead to a permanent position.
Prospective interns should be eager to apply their knowledge learned in the classroom to real world work experience at a growing nonprofit. The interns will be given the freedom to create, develop, and implement their own solutions to business obstacles. We expect excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently, efficiently, and effectively with the Executive director and board.
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior at two- or four-year college.
- Able to work 5 -15 hours a week at the office or independently.
- Must be able to attend meetings in West Bend WI, Zoom, or Teams when needed.
- Help in the brainstorming to be more efficient in current and future fundraising events for Chix 4 a Cause.
- Update calendar of events in the upcoming months and year.
- Help organize volunteer sign-ups for events and/or for the organization when needed.
- Update and promote “events” section of Facebook and other social media pages.
- Contact local businesses to host fundraisers and work with local business owners to supply donations for silent raffle and auction items at events.
- Work at the fundraiser the day of the event
- Designing and promoting after events (such as video of the event, pictures, amounts raised etc.
Public Relations and Marketing
- Design & update social media and LinkedIn pages.
- Promote new products and services on social media, emails & texts.
- Edit and improve website features. May include, editing current pages, updating online calendar and any other technology-based tasks Chix 4 a Cause may need.
- Design flyers, posters, and social media pieces.
- Use Google Drive, Google to analyze data, create graphs and charts, and draw conclusions from it.
- Create and analyze surveys using Google Forms to improve the Gifts of Love program.
- Work with Gift of Love team on logistics of expanding Gifts of Love program including Gifts of Love Boxes and ordering new products.
- Work with Technical Development and Web Design intern to add new products and Gift of Love expansion ideas to the app and online webpage.
- Work with Public Relations and Marketing intern to promote new products and services and design Gift of Love boxes.
- Attend a Gift of Love presentation in person.