We’re looking for an eager and talented graphic and web design intern (paid) pursuing a career as a multi-disciplined graphic and web designer. While prior experience is a plus, we gladly accept applicants pursuing a bachelors or associates level degree in a Design or HCI related field.
Who We Are
Wandering Tree Estate is a 10-acre private luxury venue that has been creating lasting memories and fantastic events for over 50 years. Wandering Tree Estate is famous for its various award-winning gardens and incredibly unique model train layouts. We host events such as weddings, corporate events, charity gatherings, video/photo shoots, private tours, and holiday parties.
What You'll Be Doing
You will be designing for print as well as on the web! There will be a variety of different opportunities to design print and web advertisements to be displayed in some of the nation's largest wedding publications. You will coordinate with wedding photographers and perform touch-ups and edits on various photos. You will also be responsible for maintaining our wordpress managed website and our various social media accounts. If you are someone who likes to take ownership of their work and see the results, this role is for you.
The Tools We Use
We use some pretty awesome design and marketing tools to get the job done. Here are some that you will be working with.
Design: Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Figma or Sketch
Marketing: Mailchimp, HootSuite, Creator Studio, Google Analytics
Web Design: WordPress, Prophoto, HTML & CSS knowledge is a plus!
- Pursuing a Bachelors or Associates Degree in a Design Related Field
- Customer Service Experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (photoshop, lightroom, Indesign, Illustrator)
- Understanding of WordPress Site Management (ProPhoto experience is a plus!)
- General Understanding of HTML and CSS with responsive design
- Editing photos and social media management
Other Skills to Have
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong Problem Solving Abilities
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Google Suite (business manager, drive…)
Interested? Here’s What We Need From You
- Link to online portfolio or pdf (required)
- Start date availability, desired hours (if need to work around school)
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your materials