Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens is hiring!
Are you a student who is passionate about marketing and storytelling, loves photography, and committed to supporting the Gardens’ IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access) goals? We're looking for a Marketing Intern excited about inspiring meaningful connections among people, plants, and nature in one of the most beautiful settings in Maine. See the full listing on our website: https://www.mainegardens.org/employment/
The Marketing Intern will experience a wide range of marketing and communication activities in one of the most beautiful settings in the state of Maine. The internship provides an opportunity to learn about maintaining and enhancing a brand, content creation to engage audiences and meet goals, and maintaining creative assets, all while growing fundamental strategic and creative communications skills, working with internal and external stakeholders across all channels, and providing support for a variety of projects in the department and organization wide.
Full-time, hourly, $15.75 per hour
Late May through Mid-August 2023
Apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Actively working toward a higher degree in communications or related field.
- Possess interest/experience in marketing, brand storytelling, social media coordination.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Interest in plants, gardens, and the natural world a plus.
- Strong photography skills. Videography and video editing skills a plus. Experience with Adobe-based editing programs, including Lightroom, Photoshop, and Premiere a plus.
- Social publishing, computer, and Microsoft Office skills.
- Commitment to working across the organization to support the integration of IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access) principles into CMBG’s internal operations and its relationships with visitors and guests.
The Marketing Internship offers hands-on experience in all facets of a marketing/audience engagement office including:
- Assist in daily administrative tasks for the Marketing team to increase office efficiency, including digital publishing, research for blog content and special communication projects, maintaining marketing assets, and monitoring and collecting Gardens-related media coverage.
- Under the supervision of the Digital Marketing & Content Program Manager, assist in content creation for social media, update social media content calendar, and assist in publishing content, including customer service responses.
- Under the supervision of the Marketing team, assist in content brainstorming, researching, interviewing, and writing for publication on the Gardens’ blog
- Capture and share Garden's experiences through photography and videography, especially in relation to content calendar.
- Assist in publishing approved content to website and other online event distribution channels.
- Learn about market research and identifying new opportunities.
- Work with Marketing team to ensure projects maintain and share the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens brand.