Beau Monde Traveler looking for talented and motivated candidates to to join our 10-week internship program as an Editorial Interns for our luxury travel publication Beau Monde Traveler and online site, www.BeaumondeTraveler.com
The ideal candidate would be a current college student or a recent college graduate with a degree in journalism, communications or have a strong writing background and passion for travel. We are looking for self-starters who work well with a little direction, are organized, are proficient at doing research for editorial stories, and are accustomed to interviewing people and writing articles for publication online or in print. The person selected for the position will be expected to work both remotely and would also be able to write engaging content for publication.
Beau Monde Traveler is the penultimate destination where today’s affluent traveler goes to learn, explore and plan their next lavish vacation experience. It is more than a magazine; it is a media platform that shares information through original content, engaging video, print and digital media. Beau Monde is the platform where the next destination, hotel and haute experience is explored by the discerning traveler.
If you can create engaging content have a love of travel, adventure, and exploration, love a good adventure, support living out your passions, and value experiential education, keep reading because we have the perfect writing gig for you.
During this placement you will support this new format of journalism that includes online, , print, multimedia storytelling. Your role will be to investigate, research, create, edit, and contribute content to the Beau Monde Traveler online, digital, and print luxury travel and lifestyle publications. The focuses on upscale travel experiences for the affluent consumer.
You will become a credentialed travel writer and editor as you write articles that inspire travel to exotic destinations. You will also be responsible for ensuring your content is SEO focused as well as created in social media around your subject.
Duties would include, but not be limited to:
- Research of and content creation for upscale travel service providers including Luxury Hotels, Fine Dining Restaurants, Destination Guides, and Jetsetter Events
- Liaise with Pr Agencies, Tour Operators, and Destinations Boards for content, press releases and new experiences.
- Develop inspirational travel ideas
- Assisting in researching stories
- Attending local events to generate editorial leads
- Identify and work with Influencers to create editorial content
- Work with bloggers and writers, celebrity outreach and development of celebrity driven content
- Support immediate content needs in response to current events
- Writing stories for our monthly print and online publications
- Write at least two articles per week
- Storytelling Across Platforms
- Proofreading and fact-checking stories
- Editing, updating, and sourcing content for publication
- Create content for Instagram stories
- Implement social strategies across social platforms
- Develop new ideas and methods around engaging with followers
- Weekly postings to social media platforms
- Photo Sourcing
- Source and optimize photographs for publication on the web
- Uploading content to our website
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and have copy editing and proofreading skills, proficiency in grammar and AP style, basic skills in Adobe applications and an ability to prioritize multiple assignments in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This person should work well in a client-focused and collaborative team environment.
The candidate should:
- Have an interest in creating content, digital storytelling and social media
- Must have superior attention to detail, ability to work under deadlines and demonstrate flexibility and skill moving between multiple assignments
- Interest in Journalism, Communications, English, Marketing and Business majors
- Interest in luxury lifestyle and travel
- Demonstrate an ability to work autonomously and have a strong sense of initiative and problem solving
- Strong attention to detail
- Be creative
- Have writing, copy editing and proofreading skills and proficiency in grammar and AP style
- Be enrolled in a college or university or a recent graduate.
To apply send your resume/C.V. and a cover letter describing why you believe you’d be a good fit for our internship program. In your cover letter discuss why you love travel and either your favorite past experience or your dream holiday and why. Send to [email protected]
If you are a strong contender, we will follow up with a trial editorial project.
Description: We rely on our editorial interns to help us find and tell the stories of all the incredible places to experience around the world. While our internship is unpaid, interns have the opportunity to write stories for our web and print publications. We also require our interns to participate in our weekly editorial meetings and one on one sessions with their supervisor. This is a learning environment, so our goal is to help our interns identify their writing strengths, overcome their weaknesses and gain experience with magazine reporting and writing. We’re happy to work with schools to provide class credit.
Hired candidates will receive valuable real world experience. Position will require commitment of 12- 20 hours per week for 10 - 12-weeks. Work times are flexible but will require participation in a remote staff meetings and one-on-one sessions per week. This is for a virtual internship position is i open to college students and recent grads.