Mission: The Peace Alliance empowers civic action toward a Culture of Peace.
We are an alliance of organizers and advocates taking the work of peacebuilding from the margins of society into the center of national discourse and policy priorities.
We champion a comprehensive, collaborative approach to peace and peacebuilding.
Our tools include:
- Peacebuilding Education
- Legislative Advocacy
- Collaboration with citizens and organizations for a greater voice for peace.
By clustering our efforts into five dedicated cornerstones we educate and amplify a broader voice for the peacebuilding movement
- Cultivating Personal Peace
- Empowering Community Peacebuilding
- Teaching Peace in Schools
- Humanizing Justice Systems
- Fostering International Peace
The Peace Alliance is seeking multiple interns to join our fast-paced team. We are seeking individuals with energy and discipline who have experience or interest in social media marketing, partnership research, and online campaign development. Interns will cultivate these skills and interests to support projects in peacebuilding, and legislative advocacy. This position presents the opportunity to impact multiple projects with our team members, fostering communication and professional development skills. We are looking for interns who would be available for between 15-25 hours per week for no less than six months.
The interns' responsibilities will be tailored to their organizational interests and skills; they will include helping to promote an online and social media platform and presence, create fundraising campaigns, fulfill programmatic duties, contributing to our grassroots organizing efforts, and research partnership opportunities.
- Support the work of the Managing Director and the staff as needed
- Research peacebuilding partnership opportunities, grants, and corporate sponsorship opportunities
- Research latest legislative endeavors in alignment with The Peace Alliance
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Self-motivated and able to work virtually with colleagues across the country
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Able to take direction well and work independently on multiple activities
- Flexible; able and willing to adapt to changing conditions, but also willing to take initiative
- Able to multitask, prioritize, handle deadlines with poise, and work as part of a team
- Vigilant attention to detail; organized
- Strong computer skills: Word, Google Docs, Mail Merge, Excel
- Proficiency with various social media platforms
- Reliable and prompt
- A good sense of humor
- Professional and friendly attitude
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to this posting.